Machine Operator in Tawas, MI
Metro Services is hiring several Machine Operators for a Plastic Manufacturing company near Tawas, MI. Duties include trimming, operating machines, general production tasks, and plastic injection. Immediate starts. Apply now!
Job Type: Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours: Full Time
Required Years of Experience: 0 to 1
Required Education: High School Diploma/ GED
This position performs all tasks involved in the production of PTI/Minth Group Inc.’s productions. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Operates various production machines including presses, benders & assembly
- Performs one or more repetitive bench or line assembly operations to mass-produce products
- May be assigned to different work stations as production needs require
- May work on an assembly line where tasks vary
- Input required Part Quality Checks
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Follow all requirements found in job books
Day Shift: 5:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Afternoon Shift: 3:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
Midnight Shift: 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
$15.00/hour to start
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good verbal/written communication
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Able to work different hours and shifts as needed
Job Physical Requirements:
- Standing: Must be able to stand up to 10 hours a day with scheduled breaks
- Climbing: Must be able to climb stairs, ladder, or up onto a hi-lo
- Bending or stooping: Must be able to bend, crouch, or stoop to move boxes, parts, or inventory
- Lifting: Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs
- Hand and Finger: Picking, pinching, working with fingers and the whole hand or arm as in handling a part, pushing a button or packing a part in a box for shipment
- Additional physical requirements: Manual dexterity sufficient to lift and carry boxes and to grasp the handle to use a hydraulic pallet jack
- Visual acuity is sufficient to use a computer, to count and verify lot numbers and quantities of parts for shipping
- Work Environment: Inside office and warehouse both with and without temperature controls and wood coated and concrete floors.