Line Mechanic In Murfreesboro, TN
Are you looking for a job? Metro Services is currently hiring for multiple positions as Line Mechanics at a well-known manufacturing company in Murfreesboro, TN. This job is a temp to hire and comes with a great sign-on bonus. Apply now!
Job Type: Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours: Full Time
Required Years of Experience: 1
Line Mechanic Duties:
- Operate semi and/or fully automated machinery and equipment to meet or exceed performance expectations, perform routine maintenance to keep the up-time to optimal amounts, and meet/exceed performance standards
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration skills to work well with others. Utilize mechanical knowledge and abilities to maintain machinery and equipment assigned.
- Lead by example for others and help to find ways to improve processes/procedures
- Demonstrate safe work practices
- Operate machinery and equipment to meet or exceed established expectations. Mainly operate semi-automated machine(s)/ equipment
- Perform routine maintenance (changing worn belts, machine/equipment components, airlines, electrical sensors, lubrication, cleaning, using safety guidelines such as lock-out/tag-out) on machinery and equipment to ensure optimal up-time and to meet/exceed performance standards
- Assist with set-up, adjustments, line clearance, and change-over of fully and semi-automated machine(s)/ equipment. 10% 4. Assist with troubleshooting problems.
- Make repairs and perform adjustments
- Engage in housekeeping, safety, and continuous improvement projects
- Perform line operator duties including machine operations, paperwork, material movement, in-process testing, etc.
2nd Shift: 2:50 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
(Sometimes end at 1:00 a.m. with overtime)
3rd Shift: 10:50 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
(Sometimes start at 8:00 p.m. with overtime)
$17.34 / hour
$1,000.00 sign-on bonus
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Industrial Maintenance Certificate or equivalent knowledge and experience (including knowledge of sensors, cylinder, and fiber optic switches, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatics)
- Must be able to speak, read/comprehend, and write in English
- Minimum of 1+ years of work experience in a production machine-driven field preferred
- Basic math
- Basic PC knowledge, and experience
- Mechanical knowledge
- Machine operation
- Routine maintenance