Metro Services is immediately hiring a Buyer/Supply Chain Planner for a Distribution facility in Mt. Pleasant, TN. The Buyer/Supply Chain Planner is a temp to direct position. Apply Now!
Duties for this position include:
- Initiate purchase orders and amendments for parts and services; arrange submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with buyers/planners/management to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities
- Negotiate on behalf of the organization and use Suppliers concerning cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities
- Coordinate planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for assigned products and services consistent with management requirements or as arranged by purchase orders
- Coordinate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and Suppliers
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Technical and Computer savvy, understand MRP
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Requires minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Excellent negotiating and persuading skills
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- High energy, remains calm under pressure
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable speaking to Suppliers and meeting commitments
- Comfortable speaking to Management and responding to requests
- Timely follow-up to e-mails and phone calls
- Anticipate the needs of Marketing and Internal Departments
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Associate’s Degree
- Home internet service, laptop will be provided
- 5 years of Purchasing experience
- 1-2 years of Demand Planning, Inventory Control, and Quality Control experience
- 2-5 years of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) experience
- 2-5 years of ERP Software experience (Epicor a Huge plus!)
- Basic math skills to analyze data and prices
- Search and gather information
- Review reports to plan, schedule, and deliver orders
- Learn Products and make quick decisions
- Persuade Suppliers to give best cost, quality, delivery options
- Engage with Suppliers/Employees to meet our goals
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide consultation services through coaching and resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
For more information, stop by or call our Columbia, TN location TODAY!
If you don't see what you are looking for, CLICK HERE to view our complete job board to see other available jobs.