Shipping/Receiving Manager in Columbia, TN
Metro Services is seeking to immediately fill a position for a Shipping/ Receiving Supervisor for a leading Fiberglass Company in Columbia, TN. Successful candidates must have experience in similar positions. Apply now!
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Hours: Full Time
Required Years of Experience: 3
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
Duties for this position include:
- Maintain Inventory Levels (8 inventory Turns annually)
- Reduce Inventory Adjustments (<$20,000 annually)
- Update Database/BOM’s data entry
- Warehouse organization
- Forecast material needs for customers
- Order required materials for customers by submitting Purchase Orders
- Maintain Pending Orders Spread Sheet to schedule deliveries
- Minimize Freight Costs from Raw Material Supply Base
- Maintain Supplier Quality Log
- Issue debits and Corrective Actions to Supply base for Non-Conforming Material
- Coordinate invoice payment with Corporate Accounting
- Complete Receivers for all Purchase Orders received in-house accurately
- Maintain the Receiving Report Spreadsheet for all Purchase Orders received
- Supervise and coordinate Receiving Personnel
- Schedule Deliveries to maximize the efficiency of plant operations and Receiving Personnel
- Manage Lift Truck Safety training for the facility
- Conduct and certify all Lift Truck Operators for the facility
- Maintain order and organization in the facility
- Utilize Kanban systems for delivery, ordering, and warehouse organization
- Maintain 5S system in the warehouse and receiving areas of the facility
$40,000+/year depending on experience
Plus OT Pay
Monday - Thursday
6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday
6:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Hours will vary
Must work all Mandatory Overtime
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with Sourcing, Production, Inventory Management Systems, Safety, Forklift, and Warehouse Management
- Able to Pass Drug Screen
- Able to Pass Background Check
- Associate Degree Required
- CPIM Certification Preferred
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide consultation services through coaching and resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
For more information, stop by or call our Columbia, TN location TODAY!
If you don't see what you are looking for, CLICK HERE to view our complete job board to see other available jobs.