Materials Supervisor in Columbia, TN
Metro Services is immediately hiring a Materials Supervisor for an Automotive facility in the Columbia TN, area. This is a Direct Hire position. Apply now!
Job Type: Direct
Hours: Full Time
Required Years of Experience: 3-5 years
$70k - $80k annual salary (experience dependent)
Will supervise and coordinate perpetual inventory record of materials and supplies as well as other general stock items. Also responsible for related work as required.
- Responsible for monitoring MRP Analyst, gives guidance, training, and solutions when needed. Ensuring employees are completing daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Support production needs by ensuring on-time delivery of materials to avoid downtime or customer product shortages.
- Maintain Min/Max inventories and an inventory budget set by the Materials Manager.
- Verify customer PO’s orders and releases. Must ensure pricing and packaging clauses are being attached as specified.
- Ensure parts, BOMs, and routers are set up correctly and in a timely manner by working alongside Engineers with clear communication.
- Help cover sick or vacation days by backing customer service and materials manager.
- Work closely with scheduler/warehouse supervisor for daily incoming/outgoing shipments.
- Ensure that materials supplied to sub-suppliers are maintained at sub-supplier min/max required to meet their demands and to avoid any customer shortages.
- Responsible for setting up trucks for materials, tooling and customer ships, etc.
- Tracking of freight costs, cutting costs, and maintaining a set budget from the materials manager.
- Set up a budget for a supervisor to approve expedites to and from customers or suppliers without having to wait for approval from a manager.
- Work with cycle counters to determine inventory discrepancies. Set frequencies on materials to be cycle counted, while giving guidance and training on these things as needed.
- Must work with the accounting department for shipping and receiving issues.
- Help warehouse personnel by supplying training and guidance where needed.
- Responsible for the scheduling of OT, time off, and vacations for hourly staff.
- Clear communication with the Material manager on day-to-day issues that cannot be resolved or approved by the supervisor.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years experience with the methods used in keeping records of purchases, receipts, and payments and maintaining general supplies; Excellent verbal/written communication
- 3-5 years experience in the fundamentals of inventory controls
- Ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets
- Ability to use a computerized inventory control system
- Maintain and follow all training requirements
- Able to work different hours and shifts as needed
- Always maintain a clean and safe work area
- Use required safety equipment.
Job Physical Requirements
- Sitting: remaining in the seated position
- Hand and Finger: Picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling keyboard or working with pen and paper.
- Dexterity of the fingers and hands.
For more information call TODAY!
Hours of operations:
Monday to Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday and Sunday: Closed