Production Manager in Columbia, TN
Metro Services is seeking to immediately hire a Production Manager for an Automotive Company in the Columbia, TN area. This is a Direct hire position with a great salary and benefits. Apply now!
Location: Columbia, TN
Job Type: Direct
Hours: Full Time
Required Years of Experience: 5+
Required Education: High School diploma or GED
$80k - $90k annual salary (experience dependent)
- Involved in planning, coordinating, and controlling all required production processes to ensure that all products produced are created to customer specifications.
- Targets are met and deadlines achieved to ensure the customer is receiving quality parts at the right cost.
- Must ensure that all direct staff is in compliance with all company Health and Safety standards and procedures.
- Overseeing production process as well as drawing up a production schedule.
- Responsibility to make sure procedures are cost-effective and the product is produced in line with the company’s quality systems and standards.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are used to identify root causes and take action to resolve issues.
- Maintain metrics and prepare for daily reports.
- Work closely with other shift supervisors to ensure a detailed pass-down is given each day.
- Implement the company’s policies and goals alongside others in the management team.
- Motivate employees and develop skills needed on all direct reporting staff.
- Monitor and report on production-related process performance and general issues to ensure good communication is given to all members of staff.
- Continuously review worker performance.
- Ensure training skills are met for demands of shift.
- Play an active role in the continuous improvement plan of the company.
- Follow the company’s organizational structure while making appropriate decisions based on the company’s best interests.
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 2-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5-year experience within the automotive industry with progressive supervisory exposure
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proactive in leading an MFG group
- Maintain and follow all training guidelines
- Understand and comply with all quality, safety, and environmental processes and procedures
- Follow all recycling programs
- Able to be flexible with different shifts and hours as needed
- Clean and safe work practices
- Use of required safety equipment
Job Physical Requirements
- Supervisory Responsibilities – To lead and assess the skills of a team to ensure proper constructive feedback while also addressing individual performance concerns in relation to process cycle time and quality of the product
- Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to do each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Language Skills – Must be able to read/interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and SOP’s. Ability to write routine reports. Ability to speak effectively in front of groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Able to apply and understand the concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Reasoning Ability – Able to solve practical problems and deal with concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists using one's best judgment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral, diagrams, or schedule form
- Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
- Employees are frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and use hands to fingers. The employee is sometimes required to feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
May require frequent early mornings or late evenings as well as weekend work times as needed. May require frequent overnight or international travel with plane rides in excess of 12 hr duration.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee will occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts and airborne fumes or particles. The noise level may be loud in this environment.
Action must be initiated to prevent any nonconformity relating to the product, process, and quality system to be released to the customer. This includes but is not limited to the initiation of verification of corrective action, control of further process including stopping production and reporting quality concerns to any level of management.
Actions must be taken to maintain, comply and improve the company’s EMS. Action should be immediately taken to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity by reporting problems or concerns directly to management at the time of concern.
For more information call TODAY!
Hours of operations:
Monday to Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday and Sunday: Closed