Material Handler in Chattanooga, TN
Metro Services is immediately hiring Material Handlers for a well-known company in Chattanooga, TN. This is a Full-Time Temp/Contract to Direct Hire position. Apply Now!
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Start Date: 10/31/2022
Hours: Full Time
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
Duties for this position include:
- Unload inbound raw materials and supplies delivered to facility for storage in warehouse
- Transport materials between departments and buildings to ensure availability at appropriate times needed for manufacturing processes
- Document orders, materials, and any stock movements
- Prepare finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading and securing product
- Assist in monitoring and tracking inventory as needed
- Must comply with all warehouse safety rules and guidelines
- Keep materials and work area clean, organized, and free from clutter, or any potential safety hazards
- Ensure all materials and equipment are organized, used, and properly stored
- Meet the physical demands of the job
- Other duties as assigned
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Ability to work cooperatively with others both within the department and externally
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Basic math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must have Clean Background
- Must pass Drug Screen
- Must have Valid Drivers License
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5-years warehouse experience preferred
- Must be fork truck certified
- Experience with MRP or SAP system
- Experience with Shipping systems, such as UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Work a flexible schedule including mandatory overtime
- Lift up to 100 lbs.
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program