Metro Services is seeking to immediately fill multiple positions as a Machine Operator at a Textile company starting at $16.20/hour in Dayton, TN. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct job. If you are interested, apply today!
Job Type: Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours: Full Time
Required Years of Experience: 1
Duties for this position include:
- Unload buggies into the Reiter several times a day
- String the Reiter by keeping all ends together
- Tie and doff from each of the Reiter and place onto a belt
- Unload the belt and inspect every tube and put an Inspected By Sticker in every tube
- Give the yarn package a final quality review making sure every tube meets company standards and has a product label and inspection label
- Stack all belt tubes neatly on skids
- Keep work area clean
- Make sure partials are spliced and there are no knots tied in mono
Starting at $16.20/hour
7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Shift change every four months
January, May, and September shift rotates
*Limited offer* - If you need to stay on one shift only, you will be allowed. In this case, you will not have to swing shift. However, you will not be eligible for full-time hire at the company instead, this would be a temp position.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Resume Required
- Preferred 6 months or more continuous experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Can not be color blind
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts
- May be required to stand for long periods
- Work may involve some repetitive motions
- Must be able to lift to 35 pounds
- Work may also require frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing, and pulling of parts and part containers
- Due to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity, and cold
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Attention to color and numbers
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Interactive skills to effectively work as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- All candidates must have a beginner level of the following skillset:
- Machine Set-Up
- Finishing Machine
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program
Ready to get started?
Click here to learn more about this job opportunity. If the position has been filled, please visit our job board and filter the job openings by location or title.
Don't see the right job? Join our Talent Pool to be considered for future positions.