Metro Services is seeking to immediately hire Quality Technicians for an Automotive Parts Manufacturing company in Dacula, GA. This is a temp to direct position. Apply now!
Duties for this position include:
- Administers quality assurance inspections and tests on materials, products, components, parts, and processes according to established quality control methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained as per customer requirements
- Operates various test equipment and machines to verify the reliability of parts as required, and maintains accurate quality records
- Maintains all documentation and paperwork relevant to day-to-day activities
- Assigns all rejected material to appropriate areas
- Analyzes rejection reports and conducts analysis to determine the root cause
- Reports any discrepancies on non-conformances to management
- Conducts and maintains documentation relating to:
- Audit of First-Off inspection of all processes in the assigned area at the beginning of the shift as per First-Off procedure
- Audit of In-Process inspection of each process in the assigned area as per the In-Process procedure
- Audit of Final inspection of all finished boxes in assigned area as per Final inspection procedure
- Assists in implementing Statistical Process Controls (SPC) and maintains reports
- Assists in establishing the standard process parameters
- Provides required training and material to Operators
- Provides support to Quality engineering
- Participates in providing suggestions to reduce costs and improve processes
- Maintains Reliability test requirements – verifies & maintains calibration of equipment
- Adheres to IATF16949 requirements by documenting all activities
- Any other reasonable request made by management
- Contributes to a safe, clean, and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize, and support) are supported and adhered to
- Ensures full compliance with U.S. and state laws while representing the company or during the use of any company-provided equipment
$19.00 - $22.00/hour depending on experience
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Effective use of problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound analytical skills and mathematical aptitude
- Ability to read blueprint drawings
- Works effectively in a team-based environment
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the automotive/manufacturing industry
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in a Quality Assurance environment
- Sound metrology and Statistical Process Control (SPC) knowledge
- Knowledge of various testing methods (reliability testing, hardness tester, caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- General operating knowledge of Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- High School Diploma or GED
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide consultation services through coaching and resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
For more information, stop by or call our 3PL department today at (828) 231-8770 TODAY!
If you don't see what you are looking for, CLICK HERE to view our complete job board to see other available jobs.