Metro Services is looking for several 2nd Shift Maintenance Technicians for a Meat Processing facility in Zeeland, MI. The Maintenance/Refrigeration Technician job is a Direct-Hire position. Apply Now!
Duties for this position include:
- Provide maintenance support to ensure the safe and effective operation of equipment and team
- Perform routine preventative maintenance repairs
- Perform emergency mechanical or electrical repairs, and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic Plant equipment
- Safely apply knowledge and troubleshooting skills to all assigned production equipment and effectively interact with all plant personnel to accomplish plant and individual goals
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and maintenance instructions/procedure manuals; work with pumps, hydraulics, and welding
- Basic understanding of electrical theory and system wiring and installation
- Responsible for minimizing downtime due to equipment failure
- 2nd Shift
- $25.00 - 30.00/hour depending on experience
- 2nd Shift
- 5:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m.
3-days on, 3-days off, 2-days on, and 2-days off
Some Sunday work is required based on reworks
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 lbs. occasionally; ability to lift 20 lbs. frequently
- Ability to stand on hard surfaces for up to 12 hours per day
- Ability to work in confined and tall spaces, walk, climb, utilize a ladder, operate a lift, bend and stoop
- Repetitive gripping, pushing, and pulling
- Frequent overhead work
- Temperatures inside the plant may vary from -25 degrees to over 100 degrees; outside work may also be needed
- Basic math skills; percentages, fractions, and measurements
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Pass Background/Drug Screen
- 1 year of maintenance experience education preferred (I.E. possess industrial maintenance diploma or currently enrolled in technical school) in lieu of experience
- 1(+) years of industrial maintenance experience or equivalent experience; must have experience in hydraulics, welding, and compressed air systems
- Basic computer skills will be necessary to log information, process daily work orders, and complete required documentation
- Ability to learn and utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Communicate effectively
- Basic math skills
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide consultation services through coaching and resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
For more information, stop by or call our 3PL department today at (828) 231-8770 TODAY!
If you don't see what you are looking for, CLICK HERE to view our complete job board to see other available jobs.