Assembler/Packer in Chesterfield, MI
Metro Services is immediately hiring Assembler/Packers at a Stamping company in Chesterfield, MI. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct job. Apply now!
Job Type: Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours: Full Time
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
Duties for this position include:
- Ensure components are not damaged prior to assembly
- Assemble components per inspection sheet
- Inspect parts to items listed on inspection sheets
- Ensure there is no contamination in containers
- Properly pack parts in the correct bin/storage container per packaging instructions
- Ensure proper labeling requirements are followed
- Check first piece part using various gages, and inspection tools to ensure customer quality standards are met
Monday - Saturday
Sundays when required
3:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
3:30 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be able to understand the importance of standardized work in a lean manufacturing environment
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, lifting, and reaching
- Proper PPE (safety glasses, hearing protection, and gloves) are required
- Pass Drug Screen and No Felonies
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience preferred but will train
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program