Machine Operator In North Vernon, IN
Metro Services is immediately hiring Machine Operators for a Manufacturing company in the Automotive Industry in North Vernon, IN. The Machine Operator is responsible for but not limited to manufacturing parts and products by operating production machines and assembling components. Apply Now!
Job Type: Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours: Full Time
Duties for this position include:
- Manufactures parts or products by operating production machines and equipment, using hand tools and fixtures, and assembling components as required
- Tests and visually inspects completed or in-process work, notifies supervisor or other personnel of manufacturing or quality problems, and documents quality conformance and production volumes during shift or run
- Prepares finished parts or products for shipment or routing to next processing stage, or notifies appropriate personnel that product is ready for packaging or shipment
- Rotates between different workstations or job assignments
- Maintains good housekeeping in the work area
Daily Per-Diem for all shifts
Monday - Friday
5:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
4:00 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
4:00 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Thursday - Sunday
6:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
All overtime requested is required for all shifts
All candidates must have an expert level of the following skillset:
- Excellent attendance
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with management to report and monitor process compliance
- Ability to troubleshoot production equipment
- Effectively solve conflicts in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent job-related training preferred
- Ability to comply with existing processes and/or quickly adapt to new processes within the organization
- Adequate vision acuity
- Frequent long hours and weekends are possible
- Ability to stand up to 10 hours during a work shift
- Ability to lift materials or objects up to 25 pounds frequently, 40 pounds occasionally
- Ability to perform repetitive operations and operate machine controls with hands and fingers (Assembly work may include repetitive pushing, pulling, and bending of parts, as well as manipulating small parts)
- Ability to stoop or crouch to retrieve and/or lift parts
- Work overtime as required
WHY APPLY FOR A JOB AT METRO SERVICES?
If you're ready to take hold of your career, we can help you start down the right path, and we'll be with you the whole way. At Metro, we guide you through a simple application process, provide Consultation services through Coaching and Resume building, and offer a wide array of benefits.
As an employee, you will receive:
- Skills training and development
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Internal Referral Program
For more information call TODAY!
Hours of operations:
Monday to Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday and Sunday: Closed