Automotive Technician In Atlanta, GA
Metro Services is immediately hiring Automotive Technicians for a well-known company in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a Temp/Contract to hire position. Apply now!
Job Type: Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours: Full Time
Required Years of Experience: 3
Required Education: High School diploma or GED
Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Perform preventive maintenance, change oil, oil filter, transmission flush, and inspection of the vehicle for mechanical deficiencies.
- Perform light repairs as required.
- Based upon certification levels, perform various repairs and maintenance which may include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension components, engine and driveline components, etc.
- May maintain/repair equipment. ( cable trailers, laptop docking stations, etc.)
- Keep shop area clean and tidy.
- Perform work in accordance with safety standards.
- Dispose of all fluids in a safe manner in accordance with all regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records.
- May up-fit new vehicles with the necessary equipment.
- Perform some more complex repairs, advanced diagnostics, and some fabrication.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors for parts and repairs, may perform roadside assistance as needed.
- Provides custom equipment when needed by engaging in equipment design and moderate fabrication tasks including welding.
- Assures availability of specialized trucks by troubleshooting and repairing complex hydraulic systems, generators and electrical systems, hybrids, and onboard computer systems.
Sunday - Wednesday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday - Saturday: 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
As an employee you will receive:
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit or pay cards
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Term-Life & Short Term Disability
- Internal Referral Program
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Must currently possess or be able to attain a minimum of 4 A.S.E. certifications within 18 months of employment.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology and fleet changes as they occur.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat, and climb.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds. (tools and or equipment)
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements for medium and heavy truck applications.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions and moderate noise levels.
For more information call TODAY!
Hours of operations:
Monday to Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday and Sunday: Closed