Poultry Farm Worker in Sparta, TN
Metro Services is immediately hiring for multiple Poultry Farm Workers for a local hatchery in Sparta, TN. This is a Temp/Contract to Direct position. No experience is necessary! We will train. Apply Now!
Job Type: Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours: Full Time
Will also receive $500.00 sign on bonus!
Monday - Friday
6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m
We offer a flexible schedule
- Overall care, bio-security, and husbandry of the facilities and poultry that are contained within the described properties
- Ensure that all programs and procedures are followed and implemented as described by the company guidelines. These are to be followed by all who enter the facilities at all times
- Maintain a high degree of quality, while running an efficient and cost-effective operation
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety: Program implementation and compliance, development, and monitoring
- Quality: Responsible for the quality of work performed on the farm as well as the quality of the product produced
- Strain Security: Ensure that all possible controls are in place to preserve and protect the purity and security of our bloodlines from possible contamination and/or theft
- Bio-security: Rodent and pest control, clean-out protocols, and people and equipment traffic restrictions
- Control Cost and Operational Expenditures within budgeted guidelines
- Regular equipment adjustments: Feeders, drinkers, chlorine, ventilation, and lighting
- Animal husbandry: Welfare, environmental control, disease awareness, and vaccinations
- Proper inspection and documentation of all chicks received into the farm and all birds leaving the farm in any way and all means as deemed by company protocols
- Written and Verbal Communication (within and outside the department) including flock records involving environment, mortality, and performance
- Coordination and close work with other departments in achieving company objectives
- ISO Compliance and Implementation as needed to achieve and maintain certification
- Term-Life &
- Short Term Disability
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide by 10s and 100s
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals with or without a calculator
- Must be able to to pass a Color Blind Test
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.